There was a great turn-out of British delegates at the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Annual Meeting in New Orleans on 15-18 September. All in all, there were more than seventy UK delegates in attendance – a record number! The collaboration between ENT UK and the AAO-HNS has been going from strength to strength, and we look forward to welcoming a large number of American and Canadian delegates, not to mention delegates from all over the world, to Birmingham in 2020!
BACO 2020 distinguished speakers Sarah Wise, Johan Fagan and Clark Rosen visit the BACO stand in New Orleans
Speaking of delegates from around the world, applications are still open to the Mrs Prakash Narula Travelling BACO fellowships programme. This programme has been established to help ease the financial burden of attendance for those delegates who most need it. Successful applicants will receive free registration plus £750 towards travel and expenses. Please pass this information on to any potential delegate or organisation you think might be interested! Full details can be found on the BACO 2020 website.
Why not be an active participant at BACO? Submissions are still open for oral and poster presentations and instructional sessions! Why submit?
- Exposure: Gain exposure for your research. BACO 2020 will attract a wide range of experts from across the specialty and around the world.
- Peer review: A vital part of the research process. Presenting your findings at BACO will allow you to get immediate feedback from your peers in an intellectually stimulating environment.
- Networking: Network with peers, colleagues and experts in ENT research from the UK and all around the world. This is the perfect forum to share your thoughts and ideas with them.
- Participate: Experience the extraordinary atmosphere that makes BACO a special event. If you have attended before, you will be aware of the sense of professional camaraderie this conference creates.
- Prizes: The opportunity to win a prize at a famous and prestigious event and stand out among a very impressive cohort of peers.
All submissions must be made via the BACO 2020 website, where you can also find information on how to submit.
Women in surgery
We caught up briefly with Paula Coyle, President of Women in ENT Surgery (WENTS), which was launched at BACO 2015 in Liverpool, and has been growing and developing ever since. Paula told us how much she is looking forward to BACO 2020, where WENTS will be hosting a session around the important issues regarding women in ENT surgery. You can see her videoclip here.
Fellowship applications closing: 2nd December 2019
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 11th December 2019
Submission results communicated to authors: late February 2020
Early-bird registration deadline: 17th April 2020
BACO 2020: 8th-10th July 2020
Online registration opening: October 2019